How’s your mental wellness doing today? Have you been getting enough self care lately? I’ve been somewhat sick and am probably going to cough through this episode. Our conversation this episode will focus on mental wellness in relationships and how trauma can disrupt intimacy. Our guest, Chelsey Blair, is an already-published Social Work undergrad who identifies as an activist and who is currently doing some cutting edge work in pioneering accountability processes for alternative sex communities and their leaders and educators. She is currently an expert volunteer on the Franklin Veaux survivor support team. As a content warning this episode and on tangents separate from any allegations against Veaux, we may talk about intimate partner violence and murder. For now, let’s talk about better mental health.
- How have you come to see your relationship to mental wellness?
- How do you see society’s relationship to mental wellness?
- What strategies do you use to cope with trauma in your relationship with yourself?
- How do you talk about trauma with or coach partners in being better support humans to change how trauma impacts your relationships?
- Do you have any advice for folks who might be experiencing the effects of recent or distant trauma impacting their relationship with themselves or others?
- Do you have any advice for folks supporting their partners through coping with trauma?